HALIFAX — Nova Scotia is reporting two deaths related to COVID-19, along with 17 new cases on Wednesday, as the active number of cases in the province drops to 311.
In a release, Nova Scotia health officials say two men, both in their 60s, have died in the province’s Central Zone. There have now been 87 COVID-19 related deaths in the province.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends on behalf of all Nova Scotians,” said Nova Scotia Premier Iain Rankin during a news conference on Wednesday afternoon.
The province also reported 17 new COVID-19 cases, as well as 72 recoveries on Wednesday.
According to a release from the province, 12 of Wednesday’s new cases are located in the province’s Central Zone – eight of the cases are close contacts of previously reported cases, two are related to travel and two are under investigation.
Three new cases are located in the province’s Eastern Zone, and are close contacts of previously reported cases.
There is one new case in the province’s Northern Zone, related to travel outside of the province.
There is one new case in the province’s Western Zone, which is currently under investigation.
Public Health says there is now “limited community spread” in the Central Zone. The Eastern, Northern and Western Zones continue to be closely monitored for community spread.
The province says 72 previously reported cases are now considered resolved, with the total number of active cases dropping to 311, the lowest number of active cases reported in the province since April 25.
FIRST CASE OF VACCINE-RELATED BLOOD CLOTTING CONFIRMED
The province has confirmed its first case of a rare blood clotting condition known as vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia (VITT).
The province says the case involves a man in his 40s who received his first dose of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in early May. He developed symptoms about two weeks after vaccination, has received treatment and is recovering.
“He become symptomatic a couple of weeks after getting his first dose of AstraZeneca vaccine. He has been treated and is thankfully recovering,” said Dr. Robert Strang, Nova Scotia’s chief medical officer of health.
Anyone who received a first dose of AstraZeneca is able to choose to get a second dose of AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Moderna.
Anyone who received a first dose of Pfizer or Moderna can choose either vaccine for their second dose.
“There’s evidence coming out of both Britian and Spain that suggests that not only is it safe to take a different vaccine for the same dose but also that it may also be very effective for stimulating your immune response,” said infectious disease specialist Dr. Lisa Barrett.
PREMIER, TOP DOC SAY STEADY APPROACH IS SAFEST
On Wednesday, Nova Scotia officially moved into Phase 1 of a five-phase reopening plan with each phase expected to last two to four weeks.
It’s hoped Phase 2 will start by June 16, Phase 3 by the end of the month, phase 4 by mid-July, and Phase 5 in September.
“It’s really important that we listen to the current restrictions in place or we won’t achieve those dates,” Rankin said. “What I won’t do is put hard dates out there and commit to them.”
Rankin and Strang rejected criticism that the province was re-opening too slowly.
“It would be irresponsible for us to just choose an arbitrary date,” Rankin said. “We’re taking an incremental approach, based on vaccine uptake and hospitalization.”
Strang said he understands that people want dates, or more certainty, but it’s not possible.
“Some people want more certainity and some want us to reopen faster, but there is no certainity with COVID-19,” said Strang.
Strang said that until 75 per cent of the population is protected with two doses of COVID-19 vaccine, the vaccine alone does not provide the herd immunity required to drop restrictions.
“That’s why we will need to have some restrictions over the summer,” Strang said. “Our current slow and steady approach will ensure that once we open, we stay open.”
Strang said that to get to the 75 per cent figure in the overall population, 85 per cent of all eligible age groups would need to be vaccinated.
“Population immunity is coming,” Strang said. “Being a tortoise among hares is a good for our collective health.”
As for travellers being able to provide proof of vaccination to avoid needing to quarantine for 14 days, Strang said it’s an issue that is being addressed at the federal level so there is the same standard across the country.
When asked why a special system is needed and people just can’t provide proof themselves, Rankin was blunt.
“People were less than honest and that’s what caused the third wave,” Rankin said. “We want a credible system. We want to make sure that we are protecting Nova Scotians.”
On Tuesday, Nova Scotia labs processed 4,254 tests, and a total of 824,369 since the start of the pandemic.
There have been 5,596 cumulative COVID-19 cases in Nova Scotia. Of those, 5,197 people have recovered, and 87 have died due to COVID-19.
According to the province’s online dashboard, there are currently 38 individuals in hospital, 15 of whom are in the intensive care unit.
Since April 1, there have been 3,853 positive COVID-19 cases and 21 deaths. Of the new cases since April 1, 3,521 are now considered resolved.
There are cases confirmed across the province, but most have been identified in the Central zone, which contains the Halifax Regional Municipality.
The provincial government says cumulative cases by zone may change as data is updated in Panorama, the province’s electronic information system.
The numbers reflect where a person lives and not where their sample was collected.
- Western Zone: 279 cases (6 active)
- Central Zone: 4,484 cases (213 active)
- Northern Zone: 290 cases (20 active)
- Eastern Zone: 542 cases (72 active)
The provincial state of emergency, which was first declared on March 22, 2020, has been extended to June 13, 2021.
Nova Scotia’s COVID-19 online dashboard provides an update on the number of vaccines that have been administered to date.
As of Wednesday, 594,708 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered, with approximately 56.1 per cent of the province’s overall population having received at least one dose.
Nova Scotia has received a total of 651,950 doses of COVID-19 vaccine since Dec. 15.
COVID-19 vaccination appointments can be made online or by phone at 1-833-797-7772.
Appointments cannot be booked directly through a community clinic, pharmacy or physician. Walk-ins will be turned away.
NOVA SCOTIANS ENCOURAGED TO SEEK ASYMPTOMATIC TESTING
Public health is strongly encouraging Nova Scotians to seek asymptomatic COVID-19 testing, particularly if they have had several social interactions, even with their own social circle.
COVID-19 tests can be booked through the province’s online self-assessment COVID-19 tool, or by calling 811.
People can also visit one of Nova Scotia’s rapid pop-up testing sites that continue to operate throughout the province.
- Alderney Gate Public Library (60 Alderney Dr., Dartmouth), from noon to 7 p.m.
- Centennial Arena (27 Vimy Ave., Halifax) from noon to 7 p.m.
- Centre 200 (481 George St, Sydney), from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Cole Harbour Place (51 Forest Hills Parkway), from noon to 7 p.m.
- Halifax Central Library (5440 Spring Garden Rd, Halifax, NS), from noon to 7 p.m.
- Halifax Convention Centre (1650 Argyle St., Halifax), from noon to 7 p.m.
COVID ALERT APP
Canada’s COVID-19 Alert app is available in Nova Scotia.
The app, which can be downloaded through the Apple App Store or Google Play, notifies users if they may have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Nova Scotia Health release a list of public exposures on Wednesday evening.
LIST OF SYMPTOMS
Anyone who experiences a fever or new or worsening cough, or two or more of the following new or worsening symptoms, is encouraged to take an online test or call 811 to determine if they need to be tested for COVID-19:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose/nasal congestion
Tyrant Dr. Chant: COVID Will Be With Us ‘Forever’ & People Will Have To ‘Get Used To’ Endless Booster Vaccines
The New South Wales Chief Health Officer made the alarming comments during a recent press conference.
“We need to get used to being vaccinated with COVID vaccines for the future … I can’t see COVID is not going to be with us forever,” said Chant said during a press conference last week.
“As a public health doctor we always want to have diseases go, to be totally eliminated, but that is not on the horizon in the near future,” she continued. “Booster doses and repeat doses will be part of it.”
“I can assure you that the commonwealth government has purchased large quantities of vaccine into 2022 and this will be a regular cycle of vaccination and revaccination as we learn more about when immunity wanes.”
In a separate answer to a reporter, Chant again asserted that people “will be getting vaccinated regularly” against COVID.
The devil has spoken! “What I really need to do is get that second dose into people.”
Given that Australians were previously told authorities “wouldn’t hesitate” to go door to door to carry out COVID tests, what’s to stop them doing the same thing for vaccines?
As we previously highlighted, the infamously stern-faced Chant previously warned Aussies that they shouldn’t even be talking to their own friends and neighbors, even if they’re wearing a mask.
“Whilst it’s human nature to engage in conversation with others, to be friendly, unfortunately this is not the time to do that,” said Chant.
“So even if you run into your next door neighbour in the shopping center… don’t start up a conversation, now is the time for minimizing your interactions with others, even if you’ve got a mask, do not think that affords total protection,” she added.
Tyrannical Australia Wants To Force Citizens To Report Their Location ON DEMAND Via Government Tracking App
The revelation was highlighted in an Atlantic piece by Conor Friedersdorf which questions whether Australia can still call itself a liberal democracy in light of the crippling restrictions it has placed on its own population.
With no end in sight for the lifting of the country’s brutal lockdown, Aussies could face even more invasive state intrusion into their private lives under the justification of stopping the spread of the virus.
The South Australian government is preparing to roll out an app that “will contact people at random asking them to provide proof of their location within 15 minutes,” according to reports.
If people refuse to report their location or are unable to do so, police are then dispatched to hunt them down.
“We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,” said Premier Steven Marshall.
This is barely much different from literally fitting people with electronic ankle bracelets that track their every movement like prisoners under home arrest, a policy that was actually considered by Australian authorities earlier this year.
“No matter your views of COVID, what’s happening in Australia is alarming, extreme and dangerous,” remarked journalist Glenn Greenwald.
As we have exhaustively highlighted, Australia has enforced one of the most draconian lockdowns in the world in an effort to pursue a disastrous ‘zero COVID’ strategy.
Last month, the Premier of Victoria asserted that authorities “won’t hesitate” to go “door-to-door” to carry out mandatory COVID tests on Australians.
Aussies were also ordered not to talk to each other, even while wearing masks, while people who merely post anti-lockdown information online could also face fines of up to $11,000 dollars under an absurdly authoritarian new law.
What You Should Know About Climate Change, Covid, Control And Criminals
If anyone says to you “the weather extremes are a sure sign of global warming”, it’s because they take this information directly from the media and assume it to be fact.
The media get it from government – or government ‘expert advisors’. The ‘expert advisors’ get it from a computer modelling exercise (e.g. Imperial College London).
The computer modelling exercise gets it from a large financial incentive offered by the corporate conglomerate and bought-out government, with the explicit instruction to produce a result which fills the needs of their combined political goals. In this case, to magic-up ‘scientific proof’ that global warming is real.
The need to have ‘proof’ that this invention is real is arrived at in spite of the fact that global warming’s main proponents know that the idea was dreamed-up at the Club of Rome in 1972 under a widely publicised treatise with the catchy title ‘Limits to Growth’.
It gained a further boost from the 1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro, when the infamous Agenda 21 was launched to impose largely irrational environmental constrictions as a forerunner to the highly discriminating ‘carbon taxes’ in operation today.
Limits to Growth might have appealed to those who oppose neo-liberal capitalist insistence on the necessity for a ‘permanent growth’ economy; but the real intent behind those words is the conditioning of the receiver to take a self-imposed pseudo-sacrificial attitude about ‘limitation’.
Ergo, limiting one’s self for the sake of a ‘higher cause’ – saving the natural environment from Global Warming!
This form of ‘austerity-conditioning’ becomes the perfect precept for encouraging naturally concerned citizens to not just embrace cutting back the typical material excesses of their lives, but ultimately the pseudo-saintly renunciation of all material interests.
The ghoulish plan behind Klaus Schwab’s quasi religious Sermon from the Mount WEF:
Schwab’s psycho-social engineering ‘deep mind experts’ having planned-out the precise stepping stones necessary for a ‘check-mate’ seamless handing-over of all private wealth to the insatiably materialistic elite masters of deception. A thoroughly odious yet quite brilliant sleight of hand.
The great ‘Global Warming’ alarm was raised as a calculated way for leading industrialists, bankers and royalty to ensure their future as the premier influencers and controllers of global affairs.
Blanket controlled media indoctrination, using rampant fear mongering as its key component, is designed to convert public sentiment to the cause. The elite industrialist club know full well that ‘fear’ makes desperate people turn to their perceived leaders to protect them – and tell them what to do. The historical precedent for this is ubiquitous.
The notion that the climate was dangerously warming had no scientific evidence to back it up. That was cooked-up later under the auspices of the International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
It is more than unfortunate that the great majority of green-oriented NGOs also swallowed the bait and, being by then mostly well funded by corporate-backed governments, took the money, closed their eyes and minds – and jumped on board – thus embracing the deadly distortion of their original green commitments.
It is now the turn of Klaus Schwab (director of World Economic Forum) to take up the reins handed down to him by earlier representatives of the small but powerful elite that runs planetary affairs via such puppet heads of state as Bush, Cheney, Blair – and other aspiring despots of that time.
Business6 months ago
Porter’s new loyalty program promises to match Air Canada’s Aeroplan status
Business6 months ago
The Canadian Armed Forces are hiring for several non-combat military jobs
Lifestyle6 months ago
Ontario Line subway construction permanently shuts down beloved Toronto bakery
Business6 months ago
‘Here, everything feels much closer’: Entrepreneur says leaving Toronto for Innisfil good for business
Business6 months ago
People call out Sobeys for ridiculous prices after another expensive find at Ontario store
Lifestyle6 months ago
Woman crashes car and runs around highway with bottle of booze on typical day in Toronto
Lifestyle6 months ago
Canada considers capping international student visas to address housing crisis
Business6 months ago
Indigo store in Toronto will be first to offer alcohol in strange rebrand