An ill-treated elderly woman’s cry for help goes igorned by a social service agency in Canada’s capital. Neglected by her husband, she was also barred from meeting her own son by this same husband. Although responsible social workers were informed surprisingly no proper action was taken towards the matter.
Elderly woman abused and mistreated
The woman, Ms. Dezrin Carby-Samuels living in Ottawa had been continuously neglected by her husband and had eventually become helpless and disabled. After learning about the incident through neighbours, the Nepean, Rideau & Osgoode Community Resource Centre was approached by the woman’s son seeking help after the police “declared” no abuse had happened. Even though the woman had written a note addressing her son about the abuse she was facing, the social workers had overlooked the message for help in the note.
Clear evidence ignored
Horace, the man said to have abused her, and her husband also has a history of violence with clear evidence of an incident where he had attacked and wounded his son with a knife. This history of domestic violence was ignored by the social workers while also ignoring the transformation of a well groomed elderly woman to being frail and disabled.
Ripped off of her human rights
As seen on the video, the social worker appointed for the situation, Ms. Timmons confirms that for the meeting at the community centre that was arranged the presence of a lawyer for Mrs. Dezrin was not allowed by the Community Resource center. Even though this was the, case Ms. Timmons would later sign an affidavit that she was not the person who refused to allow the presence of a lawyer but the decision was taken by Ms. Dezrin.
Dezrin has not been given proper medical care under her husband’s auspicesr and her son remains concerned about the whole situation. Although the woman has requested to see her son once every week, the community centre has ignored Dezrin’s request to see her own son. After the meeting that was arranged in the community centre, this centre had informed that it would not facilitate any more meetings between the son and the mother.
Is our future secure?
This shocking situation leaves all of us speechless and wondering what would happen to elderly women in the society if even the police and the social workers do not work towards their betterment. A mother and a son being separated from each other and not letting the son meet her mother who is being ill-treated, is cruel and heartless. This leaves all of us questioning the law and humanity prevailing in this society. SIGN PETITION Here
6 fully vaccinated people who attended an outdoor wedding caught the Delta variant, but people with Pfizer and Moderna shots survived, study says
Six fully vaccinated people who attended an outdoor wedding in Texas in April came down with COVID-19, a new study says – a small outbreak that underscores how effective US-authorized vaccines are against even variants of the virus.Though the vaccines made by Pfizer and Moderna may not knock out every COVID-19 case, especially now that the more infectious Delta variant dominates across the US, they are very good at preventing death from COVID-19.
The preprint study from Baylor College of Medicine found that only one person who’d gotten an Indian-made vaccine, Covaxin, died after attending the 92-person wedding near Houston.
The wedding took place in a “large, open-air tent” before the Delta variant was circulating widely in the US. Guests were required to be fully vaccinated at the event, though that policy operated on the honor system.
The study’s authors said they suspect the Delta variant was introduced at the wedding by two people who had traveled from India and tested negative before their flight but developed symptoms in the US. All the COVID-19 patients said they’d had close encounters with those two people during the wedding, according to the study.
5,946 Fatalities Reported Related to COVID-19 Vaccination
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed on July 7, 2021, the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) had received 5,946 reports of death among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.
However, a review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines, says the CDC’s website.
This CDC data indicates a vaccine fatality rate of about (0.0018%) since over 331 million vaccinations have been completed in the USA since December 2020.
The U.S. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after a COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem.
VAERS is co-sponsored by the CDC, and the FDA, agencies of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Selected Adverse Events Reported after COVID-19 Vaccination
What You Need to Know
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective.
- Millions of people in the United States have received COVID-19 vaccines under the most intense safety monitoring in U.S. history.
- CDC recommends everyone 12 years and older get vaccinated as soon as possible to help protect against COVID-19 and the related, potentially severe complications that can occur.
- CDC, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other federal agencies are monitoring the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Adverse events described on this page have been reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)external icon.
- VAERS accepts reports of any adverse event following any vaccination.
- Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem.
For public awareness and in the interest of transparency, CDC is providing timely updates on the following serious adverse events of interest:
- Anaphylaxis after COVID-19 vaccination is rare and has occurred in approximately 2 to 5 people per million vaccinated in the United States. Severe allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis, can occur after any vaccination. If this occurs, vaccination providers can effectively and immediately treat the reaction. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines and allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis.
- Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) after Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen (J&J/Janssen) COVID-19 vaccination is rare. As of July 12, 2021, more than 12.8 million doses of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine have been given in the United States. CDC and FDA identified 38 confirmed reports of people who got the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and later developed TTS. Women younger than 50 years old especially should be aware of the rare but increased risk of this adverse event. There are other COVID-19 vaccine options available for which this risk has not been seen. Learn more about J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS.
- To date, two confirmed cases of TTS following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Moderna) have been reported to VAERS after more than 321 million doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered in the United States. Based on available data, there is not an increased risk for TTS after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination.
- CDC and FDA are monitoring reports of Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) in people who have received the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine. GBS is a rare disorder where the body’s immune system damages nerve cells, causing muscle weakness and sometimes paralysis. Most people fully recover from GBS, but some have permanent nerve damage. After 12.8 million J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine doses administered, there have been around 100 preliminary reports of GBS identified in VAERS. These cases have largely been reported about 2 weeks after vaccination and mostly in men, many 50 years and older. CDC will continue to monitor for and evaluate reports of GBS occurring after COVID-19 vaccination and will share more information as it becomes available.
- Myocarditis and pericarditis after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. As of July 12, 2021, VAERS has received 1,047 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis among people ages 30 and younger who received a COVID-19 vaccine. Most cases have been reported after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), particularly in male adolescents and young adults. Through follow-up, including medical record reviews, CDC and FDA have confirmed 633 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis. CDC and its partners are investigating these reports to assess whether there is a relationship to COVID-19 vaccination. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines and myocarditis.
- Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 334 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through July 12, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 6,079 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records, has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and TTS, a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths.
Health7 months ago
Candace Owens sticks up for skeptics of COVID-19 vaccine, discusses her “terrifying” injury from HPV vaccine
Editorials8 months ago
Our Love-Hate Relationship with Gimmicks
Editorials8 months ago
HILL: The Great Reset
Editorials8 months ago
Stakeholder vs. Shareholder Capitalism: What Is Ideal Today?
Headline News3 weeks ago
Why some vaccinated people are dying of COVID-19
Headline News7 months ago
The Vaccine From Hell
Editorials8 months ago
How Multi-Stakeholder Capitalism Can Pay Off For Investors And America
Health7 months ago
Mystery illness strikes town in India: Hundreds hospitalized and 1 dead