(Natural News) Ginger and turmeric might get all the attention when it comes to fighting cancer naturally, but there is one often-overlooked herb that can also help address this deadly disease: boswellia.
You might not have heard of boswellia, but you may know it by its other name: frankincense. It is said to be one of the gifts that was brought to Jesus when he was born, and it could prove to be an almost miraculous gift in the fight against cancer.
It comes from the resin of a tree called Boswellia serrata, which is native to Africa, Asia and the Middle East. It has long been used in traditional medicine for gastrointestinal relief and to ease ulcers and arthritis. Now, however, researchers are learning more about the unique way that it helps fight inflammation. In fact, it works far differently than conventional medications – and that’s a good thing given the many undesirable side effects caused by the current anti-inflammatory pharmaceuticals available.
What standard non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications do is block the production of pro-inflammatory enzymes. The way they work, however, happens to block the production of an enzyme that is needed to keep the stomach lining healthy. This is why people who take NSAIDs often experience problems like stomach bleeding and irritation, kidney issues and peptic ulcers. Alternatives like Vioxx that skirt around this particular issue proved to be deadly and were withdrawn from the market.
Boswellia sets itself apart from these drugs by blocking a different pro-inflammatory enzyme known as 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX). Not only does 5-LOX trigger the creation of pro-inflammatory leukotrienes, but it also contributes to diseases like cancer, asthma, atherosclerosis and arthritis. At the same time, boswellia stops the activity of HLE, or human leukocyte elastase, which has been linked to respiratory problems like chronic bronchitis, cystic fibrosis and emphysema. In fact, boswellia is currently the only substance known to man that can inhibit both 5-LOX and HLE.
Perhaps this is why a cell study that was published in the journal Molecular Pharmacology found that the extract of boswellia was more effective than standard chemotherapy drugs such as amsacrine, etoposide, and camptothecin when it came to stopping the enzymes that help cancer grow.
It has also been shown to fight the deadliest type of skin cancer, melanoma. It does this by interfering with melanoma cells’ ability to metastasize. In addition, a 2006 study showed that it can alter the expression of the tumor necrosis factor-alpha that can promote tumor cell growth and the spread of cancer.
Boswellia extract has also been shown in studies to help kill cells seen in brain cancer, prostate cancer, and leukemia. Meanwhile, a 2002 Cleveland Clinic study showed the extract is effective against the meningioma cells that form tumors in the brain’s covering.
Getting the benefits of boswellia
The benefits of boswellia aren’t limited to fighting cancer. It’s also an excellent remedy for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. It can also boost digestive system health, alleviating everything from diarrhea to inflammatory bowel diseases and ulcerative colitis. It can ward off liver problems like non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, and it even improves gum health.
If you’d like to get the benefits of boswellia for yourself, you can find it in cream, pill and resin formats. The different products have different percentages of boswellic acid and the dosages can vary quite a bit, so this is one time when it may be helpful to call upon an integrative healthcare provider or herbalist for advice.
It’s important to note, however, that you shouldn’t take boswellia if you are pregnant because it stimulates uterine blood flow and can cause miscarriages.
The Real Truth About Coronavirus Revealed by Smart Doctors
The real truth has been revealed about Coronavirus/COVID-19 by the smartest doctors out there as well as a few other very qualified professionals. I’m taking a temporary hiatus on my video posting because these brave doctors and other top researchers (that have more credentials than me 😉 have been sharing great information lately.
Sure, I’ve said some of the same things but I’m not an MD so when an alternative MD risks his reputation to expose the truth it’s worth paying attention to so check out these videos.
Here’s what Sharyl Attkisson told me about the 2009 “pandemic”
The CDC would never launch a fake epidemic; certainly not…
And meet our old friend, Dr. Anthony Fauci, in another context…
So I take you back to the summer of 2009, when the CDC and the World Health Organization were hyping the “deadly H1N1 Swine Flu pandemic.”
They were, of course, also urging people to take the new Swine Flu vaccine. On that subject, here is an excerpt from Robert Kennedy Jr.’s Children’s Health Defense (3/27/20):
“For example, [Dr. Anthony] Fauci once shilled for the fast-tracked H1N1 influenza (‘swine flu’) vaccine on YouTube, reassuring viewers in 2009 that serious adverse events were ‘very, very, very rare.’ Shortly thereafter, the vaccine went on to wreak havoc in multiple countries, increasing miscarriage risks in pregnant women in the U.S., provoking a spike in adolescent narcolepsy in Scandinavia and causing febrile convulsions in one in every 110 vaccinated children in Australia—prompting the latter to suspend its influenza vaccination program in under-fives.”
Thank you. Dr. Fauci. Explain to us why you haven’t been downgraded to pumping gas in Death Valley or sent to prison?
Back to the Swine Flu pandemic. In the summer of 2009, the CDC was claiming there were thousands of cases in the US. But behind these statistics lay an unnerving secret. A crime, considering the CDC’s mandate to report the truth to the American people:
Secretly, the CDC had stopped counting cases of Swine Flu.
CBS investigative reporter, Sharyl Attkisson, discovered the CDC secret; and she found out why.
The routine testing of tissue samples from the most likely Swine Flu patients was coming back, in the overwhelming percentage of cases, with: NO SIGN OF SWINE FLU OR ANY OTHER KIND OF FLU.
Attkisson wrote an article about this scandal, and it was published on the CBS News website. However, the next, bigger step—putting out the story on CBS television news—was waylaid. No deal. And CBS shut down any future investigation on the subject. Attkisson’s article died on the vine. No other major news outlet in the world picked up her article and ran with it deeper into the rabbit hole.
Here is what Attkisson told me when I interviewed her:
Rappoport: In 2009, you spearheaded coverage of the so-called Swine Flu pandemic. You discovered that, in the summer of 2009, the Centers for Disease Control, ignoring their federal mandate, [secretly] stopped counting Swine Flu cases in America. Yet they continued to stir up fear about the “pandemic,” without having any real measure of its impact. Wasn’t that another investigation of yours that was shut down? Wasn’t there more to find out?
7 reasons to go bananas for bananas
(Natural News) Bananas, for the most part, come with a bevy of health benefits, making it a total package all on its own. It’s also one of the most consumed fruits in the U.S., with the average American eating more than 11 pounds of bananas each year (over just 10 pounds of apples, the second most-consumed fruit). Interestingly enough, bananas don’t come from trees — the plant the fruit comes from is technically a herb as the stem does not contain true woody tissue.
Still, no matter where it comes from, bananas offer a range of health benefits, including treatments for digestion, depression, and more. Eating two bananas a day can relieve bloating and increase the number of good bacteria in the gut. People who have mood problems would benefit from eating bananas, thanks to vitamin B6 and tryptophan which help in regulating and boosting mood. The fruit is also great for people with chronic conditions like cardiovascular diseases and diabetes, as it is packed with essential nutrients to improve their condition and help regulate their cholesterol levels.
Bananas have got you covered
People have been eating bananas for a long time, with written records saying that the fruit has been part of our diet for thousands of years. The plant is believed to be native to Southeast Asia, where many varieties of wild bananas still grow today. While the international trade of bananas started by the end of the 14th century, developments in transport — in particular, refrigerated maritime transport — helped make bananas into the most traded fruit in the world. Currently, bananas are grown in 150 countries, with 105 million tonnes produced annually. There are different varieties of bananas; however, the most commonly consumed is the Cavendish variety. (Related: Banana nutrition facts – nine things you probably never knew about this nutritious tropical food.)
In terms of calories, a medium-sized banana only has 95 calories, and it can provide a natural, sustained energy boost without the fat, cholesterol, and sodium of other common snacks. Here are more reasons to add bananas to your diet, if you haven’t already.
- It’s high in fiber. Bananas are rich in both soluble and insoluble fiber, which helps a person stay full for a long time. It’s one of the reasons that bananas are often part of breakfast in many regions in the world.
- It improves heart health. Foods that are high in fiber, such as bananas, lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases like coronary disease.
- It helps with digestion. In Ayurveda, bananas are described to have a sweet and sour taste. The sour taste, in particular, can stimulate agni or the digestive juices, which play a major role in digestion and metabolism build-up.
- It’s nutrient-rich. Bananas are packed with essential vitamins and minerals, including B-vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, folate, and B6; calcium; potassium; manganese; and magnesium. These play a synergistic role in keeping the body healthy.
- It’s one of the best sources of potassium. The fruit is known to be a rich source of potassium, which is important in regulating heartbeat and blood pressure. The brain also uses potassium to stay alert. However, those with advanced chronic kidney disease should seek the advice of a healthcare professional before eating bananas, as this may cause potassium levels in the body to rise to unsafe levels.
- It regulates blood pressure. The low salt content in bananas, coupled with its high potassium content, make the fruits ideal in managing hypertension.
- It fights anemia. People suffering from anemia would do well to eat bananas, given its high iron content.
Bonus: Start your day with this healthy banana bread recipe
The difference with this banana bread recipe over others is that it uses ingredients like whole wheat flour and naturally sweetened honey, rather than using refined flour and sugar which can send a person’s blood sugar through the roof. (h/t to CookieandKate.com.)
What you’ll need:
- ? cup, melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup honey (or maple syrup, if you prefer)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup, mashed ripe bananas
- ¼ cup milk or water
- 1 teaspoon, baking soda
- 1 teaspoon, vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon, salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups, whole wheat flour
- nuts or dried fruits of your choice (optional)
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C).
- Grease a 9-by 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil and honey. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in mashed bananas and milk. (If the coconut oil becomes solid after coming into contact with the cold ingredients, rest it in a warm place like on top of a stove for a few minutes.)
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon, then whisk to blend.
- Switch to a spatula and stir in the flour gradually until combined. If you have any additional mix-ins, such as walnuts, gently fold them in as well.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and lightly dust with cinnamon on top.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. (To see if the bread is properly baked, poke it with a toothpick to the center. The toothpick should come out clean afterward.)
- Remove from the oven and let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer onto a wire rack to cool for an additional 20 minutes before slicing.
Popular on The Canadian
- Agora Publishing Consortium
- Le Journal Canadien
- Dominion: Food News
- The Ottawa Star
- Toronto Business Journal
- BBW Singles
- Transgender Singles
- Montreal Business Journal
- New York and New Jersey Business Journal
- Ottawa Book Expo – Salon du Livre d’Ottawa
- TorontoBook Expo – Salon du Livre d’Toronto
Headline News6 months ago
How America’s capitalist system is ‘broken,’ according to billionaire financier Ray Dalio
Headline News10 months ago
Why Karl Marx was right about capitalism
Entertainment8 months ago
Bianca Andreescu’s U.S. Open triumph is an Inspiration to young Canadian tennis players
Headline News10 months ago
Capitalism Isn’t The Reason We’re Unhappy – OpEd
Headline News6 months ago
ROTHENBURGER: What we need in this country is a special racism court
Headline News10 months ago
Climate Change and Capitalism: A Political Marxist View.
Headline News6 months ago
Former cop says more than apology to black community needed from police
Headline News10 months ago
If capitalism is broken, maybe it’s fixable